St Georges, Bloomsbury Way
Founded by Leicester Square Theatre director Martin Witts, the Museum of Comedy features props, artefacts and memorabilia – over six thousand items.
Examples include: Tommy Cooper’s handmade magic props, the Spitting Image heads, Steptoe and Son’s stuffed bear, Bill Bailey’s 6-neck guitar, items from the collection of Danny La Rue and membership cufflinks from the infamous Krays-owned Churchill Club.
The Museum of Comedy is the main venue used for Players’ performances. There is no restaurant but an optional buffet is usually available.
Tickets for shows at the Museum can be obtained:
- directly from their booking office – see address
- online through their website
- sometimes online through this website
Options for buying tickets are indicated for each event.
- Late Joys: Come Rain or Come Shine - 15th July - 15 Jul 2018 - 15:30
- Late Joys: War and Peace: United We Stand - 23rd September - 23 Sep 2018 - 15:30
- Late Joys: Jingle Bells - 2nd December - 2 Dec 2018 - 15:30