In addition to our regular, public shows at the Museum of Comedy, we are frequently asked to put on events by individuals, and organisations.
For example, in the last five years we have put on music hall entertainment :
- At Bearsted PCC (Kent) in their village hall (twice).
- To raise funds for a charity in Sherborne (Somerset): we are returning in September.
- To celebrate an 80th birthday at a golf club in Surrey.
- At 'Wilton's' music hall for two livery companies (Light Mongers and Turners).
- In three Livery halls (Butchers', Stationers', Wax Chandlers').
- As 'song and supper' shows at the Royal Air Force club, for Ward clubs and the Guild of Freemen.
- In Trafalgar Square for the Mayor of London (including this April to celebrate St. George's Day).
- For the City of Westminster's Silver Sunday, at the Colisseum and St. George's church Westminster.To arrange an event, the procedure is simple:
1. Contact Bill Halson - email@example.com
or 07770 281746
. Bill will quote an astonishingly modest price, out of which he will pay artistes' costs, and add on 10%, which will enable us to develop new artistes in order to sustain the genre of music hall.
He will also expect you to provide sustenance for the artistes.
The artistes for the event will be drawn from our large database of professionals.
Having agreed the price, Bill will work with you to develop a programme tailor-made to your own specification.
2. If you have your own auditorium, he will visit to consider logistics - changing facilities, availability of a piano (he can arrange hire of a keyboard, at cost, if needed) and any other relevant details.
- Alternatively, as we are regular users of the Royal Air Force club, (of which Bill is a member), he can help arrange food and drink.
- All our shows encourage audience participation in singing choruses (the extent, and even particular songs, will be arranged jointly). So as part of the arrangement, Bill will provide a draft of a song-sheet, which you may adapt, with your own logo, and print yourself. Or, he can produce an entire design and provide a PDF for you to print from.
3.Bill will, depending on the agreed specification, book an appropriate set of artistes.
There will always be a Chairman, to wield his gavel and introduce each artiste, often with a comment about the artiste and the item.
The other essential is the 'orchestra' - a pianist with the skill to accompany artistes, however many ad libs or other additions they may interpolate.
Artistes will provide a balance of comedy and seriousness , and there will often be 'speciality' acts: instrumentalists or magicians, for example.
4. You and Bill will be in regular contact throughout the period leading up to the show, adapting and changing if circumstances change.